Islamic Relief believes all children have a right to personal dignity and protection from abuse and recognises the special duty of care it has to create a safe environment for children within its projects and programmes.
We train our staff in how to respond to situations of child abuse, and are developing faith-based approaches to engage the communities with whom we work.
Islamic Relief works in different areas to protect children so they can enjoy a proper childhood and experience joy:
- Safeguarding children in our programmes
- Research and advocacy
- Engaging faith communities
- Combatting harmful practices
- Educating for the future
- Building children’s resilience
- Protecting children in emergencies