Building sustainable livelihoods is key to many Islamic Relief poverty-reduction programmes.
Our work includes:
- Giving poor entrepreneurs in 11 countries access to life-changing funding, through the world’s only multi-national Islamic microfinance programme.
- Providing training and learning that empowers families to boost their income and living standards.
- Offering cash-for-work so local people to earn as they improve their own communities.
- Helping individuals to re-start their livelihoods in the aftermath of disasters.
- Supporting industries that are vital to local economies and create jobs for poor communities.
- Promoting livelihoods that protect the environment and the natural resources upon which local people.