Thanks to our generous supporters, Islamic Relief is responding to COVID-19 in more than 20 countries, with a dozen prioritised for particular support.
Families in crisis have received food parcels and hygiene supplies, health workers equipped with lifesaving personal protective equipment (PPE), local authorities supported with screening and quarantining, and communities shown how to better protect themselves from the deadly disease.
Asia: Our response in priority countries so far
- Islamic Relief’s Hiba Siddiqui reflects on a holy month that is changed, but not quelled, by the outbreak of coronavirus in Pakistan.
Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Europe: Our response in priority countries so far
- To continue saving lives with Islamic Relief in Syria amid the COVID pandemic, Ahmad can’t see his family.
- Doctor Ahmad Ghanddor warns that coronavirus threatens millions of people in overcrowded camps in northwest Syria.
- Writing from quarantine in Gaza, Islamic Relief Palestine’s Mohammed Ismail struggles to push memories of the 2014 conflict from his mind.
East Africa: Our response in priority countries so far
- Writing from partial lockdown in Kenya, Islamic Relief’s Charles Njanga reports on the ways in which Islamic Relief is adjusting to coronavirus to help communities under threat.
West Africa: Our response in priority countries so far
- Moussa Goita reflects how Islamic Relief is making a difference at Ramadan despite coronavirus fears in Mali.
Your generosity will help Islamic Relief continue saving lives amid this global health crisis. Donate to our Coronavirus Appeal now.