Contract: 12 months, fixed term
Salary: €25, 769
Closing date: 27th November 2018 11:59 PM
Islamic Relief Bosnia are currently looking to recruit a Country director who will lead the development of all Bosnia strategies such as strategic plan, disaster risk reduction and preparedness. The candidate will be responsible for the efficient and effective utilisation of all IRW resources and represent Islamic Relief at all levels in country. H/She will strengthen IR’s relations with the wider humanitarian and development community to consolidate and develop the visibility and image of the organisation.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Have experience working as a Country director, or a senior management role with an International NGO.
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising from and dealing with EC, ECHO, UN and DFID
- Experience of managing and mentoring local and international staff.
- Team building and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness.
- Willing to travel to remote parts of the country to ensure effective programme implementation.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply by downloading the application pack under the relevant role on our website http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us and forward the completed form to Expat.Careers@irworldwide.org by the closing date.
*Please note that Islamic Relief Bosnia are only recruiting nationals for this post*
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
Receipt of satisfactory references
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer