Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary: £71,920 per annum
Closing date: On Going**
The Humanitarian Academy for Development are currently recruiting for the position of an Operations Director. The post holder will have overall operational responsibility for the HAD programs and will manage a group of departmental managers, project managers and admin staff. S/he will provide leadership to HADs operational planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, the OD will provide coordination for the HADs senior management team. The post holder will support MD in relation to liaising with IR Family partners and will be working with IRW’s Board of Directors to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Qualified to at least a Bachelors level (Masters, desirable) in Business Administration or related discipline. Other qualifications will be considered.
- Excellent knowledge and sound understanding of the voluntary INGO sector and the business support needs that flow from this. Knowledge/experience in managing an education or training environment is an advantage.
- High level of experience of staff management and coordination at all levels.
- Experience of developing and establishing strategies and work plans which help to deliver the wider organisational objectives.
- Experience and knowledge of organisational development and its contribution to the organisational effectiveness.
- A willingness to work flexibly outside normal office hours in response to work demands
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY WILL CLOSE AS SOON AS A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND. INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON AN ON-GOING BASIS.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply by downloading the application pack from below and submitting your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or by the closing date.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer