Today marks the third anniversary of the conflict in Yemen. Almost 9,000 people have died due to the conflict and over 50,000 people have been injured or maimed. Despite this suffering occurring before our very eyes, Yemen has become a forgotten conflict.
The list of people suffering is long and sobering.
- 2 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance
- 2 million people are internally displaced
- 16 million people are in need of access to clean water and sanitation
- 8 million people are food insecure
- 4 million people need basic healthcare
- 1 million people affected by a cholera epidemic
- 9 million women and children are acutely malnourished.
Yemen was already the poorest country in the Middle East when the conflict broke out in March 2015, and three years of continuous warfare has devastated the country. The situation today is a humanitarian tragedy.
Islamic Relief has been working in Yemen since 1998. For 20 years we have been saving lives in Yemen, the situation today is the most disastrous we have seen in all our time there. The Islamic Relief Yemen (IRY) has been working tirelessly all over the country and we will continue to do even when this conflict ends.
For more information about our work in Yemen, please read our report:
We will not stop helping the people of Yemen, please support our work by making a donation.
Your donation could help save lives.